Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee problem.  (Read 831 times)

Offline gtrizy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee problem.
« on: August 29, 2014, 05:22:24 PM »

Last Sunday my knee wasn't feeling the best, I dunno why, maybe something happened on astro turf during the week but I honestly didn't notice anything. I played an entire football/soccer match and towards the end I started to feel a noticeable pain in my right knee how ever it was more of an annoying pain.

The day after it felt like my knee was trying to bend back more than normal and at that point I could feel a pain but again just like an annoying pain or a warning pain (what ever you'd like to call it). Wednesday just gone I played a full 90 minute match again and could notice my knee wasn't 100% but it didn't stop me or slow me down in the game and now that I'm home and rested since its back to the same bending backwards feeling again when I straighten my leg fully with that kinda of warning pain again.

My knee was never swollen or painful enough to stop me playing bar 1 or 2 knocks but was fine after 5 minutes. Also when applying pressure all over the knee with my hands there's no pain any where to pin point where the problem may be. Everything is just fine until my leg is fully extended.

I've done the usual google search but any knee problem everyone is coming to the conclusion its ACL damage but surely I wouldn't have been able play two full matches on our terrible Irish pitches if it was, especially without swelling.

If anyone has any idea or similar problems in the past could you please shed some light on what may be the problem.

Thanks, gtrizy.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 05:33:36 PM by gtrizy »

Offline LAS

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 11
Re: Knee problem.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 01:33:39 AM »
Hi gtrizy:  It's very hard to tell what it might be.   Since you said your knee is bending back  more than normal, it sounds like you have some instability there.  The fact that your knee comes back to normal in 5 minutes after playing a game is a good sign that it is not a complete tear of a ligament.    it could be anything from a ligament strain to a  tendonitis somewhere  in the joint.   You should really get it examined by a doctor to be sure.   You should rest it as much as possible from your sport.   You can also try wrapping it, then ice it.   Like you said it might be a warning pain that something is not quite right.   Try to see a doctor who deals with sports  injuries.   If you can't then get it checked out by a physical therapist.   Best of luck, I hope this helps  you and let us know what the deal is.    LAS

Offline gtrizy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 08:36:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply LAS. 

I know I should be resting but I love the sport, today again I played a full 90 minutes with a lot of pain when shooting the ball (kicking it the hardest) but thankfully I'm a defender so I don't shoot a lot. Its kinda sore now, an tiny annoying pain when walking.  I'm gonna take a week off and see if there is any improvement and after that I'm back in college and playing for the college football team has many benefit like free Physios so that'll be the first place I go before even attending a lecture.

If anyone else knows what might be the problem fee free to comment. Once I see the physio in a week or 2  time I'll post the results to help anyone else who may have the same problem in the future.

Offline LAS

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 02:48:29 AM »
I'm getting the feeling that it is a little worse now after this last game.   Glad to hear you have access to a physio at college.   Best of luck.   LAS

support