Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: knee clunking and hurting  (Read 4471 times)

Offline teacher ted

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee clunking and hurting
« on: August 26, 2014, 02:07:16 AM »
Hey OA folks, 6 year anniversary of OA both knees, 56 yo trying to stretch horrid knees to 60 yo before bilateral tkr. Anyhow, went to 3 weddings in last week....finally was talked in to dancing for a while and....you guessed it...really thrashed my knees. Both are now clunking, one loudly and painfully. This was only 3 days ago but no improvement. I knew better, suppose it's time to schedule the pair of tkr's or might they eventually forget my sins? Lord, bad knees just stink......

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: knee clunking and hurting
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 05:22:28 PM »
Hi There,

It not only a sign of Osteo Arthritis knee clunking and hurting it can often happen after surgery or if you have maltracking issues. If you get pain and clunking then it needs to be further investigated by an OS. I have similar pain with my right knee that had surgery twice and can hear clicking/clunking when extending the knee that scar tissue issues rather than OA that you been diagnosed with.

As you fully aware and already know once you have knee problems it never goes away again that will eventually lead to a TKR!

[email protected]

RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming