Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knees and ankles pain  (Read 805 times)

Offline Goldfish

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knees and ankles pain
« on: August 15, 2014, 01:40:13 AM »
Hello!
I am 22 years old female, with a normal BMI, I have been experiencing painin both of my knees (inside pain and also burning)and most recently my ankles. I have been going on the treadmill for about a week everyday, following the 7th day I started to feel pain in both of my knees, so I stopped and I've stopped now for almost 10 days. The pain is still there and seems to have gotten worse since both of my ankles are also hurting. It's painful even when I'm resting/laying down and most severe when I'm going up and down the stairs, with a lot if crackling. I can't see any swelling or bruises. I also have severe Vitamin d deficiency and I just got supplemented for it about 5 days ago.

What could this possibly be?

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 405
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Knees and ankles pain
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 07:32:32 AM »
Had you been running or doing any exercise before a full week with no rest?  I should think it's an overuse injury like 'runner's knee' (patellofemoral pain syndrome) or an inflamed tendon possibly in knees and ankles, or the ankle pain may be coming from your gait die to the knee pain.  You would be best to rest further, use ice and possibly an anti inflammatory like ibuprofen. 

If it doesn't get better or if it is getting worse, go see a doctor or physiotherapist - only they can diagnose you
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

support