Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee popping out behind knee  (Read 711 times)

Offline hunter2093

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee popping out behind knee
« on: August 08, 2014, 04:02:49 PM »
Hi folks. I am a 35 year old male, in good shape, thin, not a lot of fat. I have had issues with my knees since I was a teenager. As a teenager, different activites like wrestling, skiing etc. would cause my knees to lock in a bent position. There would be a loud pop behind the outer side of my knee and the bottom portion of my leg would phisically shift so that my toes were pointing in a different direction. The only way for me to unlock it was to grab it and straighten the leg out or kick it out which was usually done on instinct. It was very painful and also another loud pop when it returned to the normal position. I did go to physio after where I did many excersises to strengthen the knee area. It seemed to work because it has rarely happened over the last several years. Now the issue I am having is a burning sensation in my knee. It seems to come on suddenly for a couple secs and then repeat every couple mins. or so. Also sometimes while I am walking my knee feels like it's hyperextending and there is a painful burn in the front of my knee. I am wondering what was happening to my knee years ago and if what is happening now has anything to do with it.

Offline tinydinosaur

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 19
Re: Knee popping out behind knee
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 07:57:05 PM »
your best bet is to go and see a doctor about it!

we can speculate but only a doctor who looks at your knee would be able to give you some idea, hopefully, of what's going on.