Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Help me with my MRI scan results.. do i have an ACL tear??  (Read 3877 times)

Offline eamann2590

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Help me with my MRI scan results.. do i have an ACL tear??
« on: August 07, 2014, 02:04:18 PM »
Hi,

First time user of knee guru here. Ive recently received my MRI results but will have to wait for a few days to get the results, would anyone have any idea looking at these pictures if my ACL is torn? My PCL appears intact but not sure about the ACL.. your help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Eamann

Offline GarethNeath

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Help me with my MRI scan results.. do i have an ACL tear??
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 05:02:38 PM »
Well, this appended pic (I hope it attaches OK) apparently shows where your ACl and PCl ought to be. I cannot see the ACL in the MRI pic of your knee you posted, which suggests it's gone. However, you need to be careful since MRI's consist of many shots of different "slices" of your knee, so it's possible that the one photo you posted just doesn't show the right section of the knee.
1996 - Meniscectomy - right knee
1999 - ACL reconstruction left knee
2002 - Meniscectomy - right knee
2004 - Meniscectomy - right knee
2011 - Debridement - right knee

Offline GarethNeath

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Help me with my MRI scan results.. do i have an ACL tear??
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 05:05:24 PM »
Sorry, was doing this in a rush, just realised that I got mixed up with the pix.

Well, draw your own conclusions, in one of your pix you can in fact clearly see the ACL. Be "torn" do you mean does it have a tear or do you mean snapped through. Your ACL appears to be there, difficult to say if the lighter bit in the middle is a tear in it
1996 - Meniscectomy - right knee
1999 - ACL reconstruction left knee
2002 - Meniscectomy - right knee
2004 - Meniscectomy - right knee
2011 - Debridement - right knee