Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACL rupture-Bone Bruise-patellar subluxation-- questions??  (Read 2087 times)

Offline carla05

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ACL rupture-Bone Bruise-patellar subluxation-- questions??
« on: August 05, 2014, 07:10:18 AM »
hi, My name is Carla.. 2 months ago i was injured playing basketball (did a pivot liked move) and subluxated my patella... well thats what i thought, after more that 3 weeks I didnt get better. so they sent me to get a MRI and got the news. complete ruptured of the acl, with a huge bruise of the tibia and a lesion of the mcl. my meniscis were completly fine. i have to add that my knee is pseudo locked which means that is at 20 of flexion and if im lay down im able to extend it.. but not standin up and puting weight on it. also i cant bend it. but not because its locked mecanicaly but because of the pain.. i cant even start to explain the pain i feel evry time i try to bend the kneee. the doctor thinks is the bone bruise.

The OS performed a lachman test which was negative, but i have a bad spasm on my hamstring since day 1 and i was very nervuos at my appointment. he things my acl is a high grade partial tear and im set up for acl reconstruction surgery for monday. and im very scare
im scare that when he comes in everything will be fine and my acl will be intact
im scare that he wont be able to take away the pain
do you guys know why im in so much pain still after 2 months????
im worry that im going into surgery with not full ROM, but i cant even start to explain how much it hurts
is the patellar subluxation related to acl tears?
im sorry for so many questions

im 25 yrs old female, from Panama, Rep of Panama.. i speak Spanish.. sorry for my english... and my grammar.

this has taken away my independance.. i cant drive (is my right knee), i have a huge limp, i used crutches for 6 weeks. i cant sleep.. it get worst at night....

thankssss for reading!!!!

Carla...

Offline carla05

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: ACL rupture-Bone Bruise-patellar subluxation-- questions??
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 08:27:34 PM »
hello im better today, i went to my OS today and he answered alot of my questions.. he said that it is probable that eventho my meniscus are fine in the MRI he suspects i have damage because i cant bend my knee.. he says that he will clean up everything and take a good look at my knee.. that my bad spasm wont affect my surgery.. and that my pain after the surgery will be normal and wont be the same pain that i have now.. so im better..

Offline Matthew24

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: ACL rupture-Bone Bruise-patellar subluxation-- questions??
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 10:06:35 PM »
I had a very similar injury playing soccer except i also tore my meniscus in 2 spots. This was back in january. It took about 90 days for me to be pain free. I can actually jog now and have not had reconstruction surgery yet although i plan too in about a month. Good luck!

support