Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 9 weeks Post Op Complications after Plica removal, please help!  (Read 2619 times)

Offline cragsi

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi there

im 25 years old and for the last 2 years i had some minor problems with my right knee that stopped me from doing sports that i wanted to get back into as i had pain and discomfort when exercising and walking up and down stairs, i had an mri scan that showed nothing wrong so i was told that i was gonna have arthroscopy of the knee. after my surgery i was told that there was some soft tissue that needed to be removed called (Plica) and that this could of caused the pain, in the first few weeks of recovery i was able to walk around without much pain and felt that i was recovering ok but then it took a turn for the worst and now i am unable to walk more then 5 minutes without having to sit down because of the pain and discomfort, i think i may of done too much too soon after surgery as i was walking on it ALOT and not resting it, i am really worried as its now 9 weeks after surgery and there has been no improvement. is it possible that i may of done further damage? my OS said that i couldn't do any damage to the knee as it was only minor surgery and walking on it wouldn't make a difference and that my knee will get better over the next few weeks but my knee is 100 times worse then what it was before surgery, any answer or advice would be much appreciated.

thanks craig.

Offline keano100

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: 9 weeks Post Op Complications after Plica removal, please help!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 08:36:58 PM »
Hi Craig,

I had a thickened area from my plica and a fat pad resection. I'm 17 weeks post op and im still having major problems. I read somewhere that this area can take a long time to heal due to the poor blood supply to the area. I cant recall if that was posted by another member. Anyway give me a rundown of your symptoms and see if they are similar to mine?

Offline cragsi

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 12:52:08 PM »
It's now 12 weeks and still no better I can only walk and stand for a sort amount of time before I have to sit because of the dull aching pain I also get pain in the back of the leg when walking and then develop a limp, I have lumps where the incisions where made that haven't gone down and am now worried that this is turning into something more serious, I am extremely worried that this is now a permanent issue and that it is getting worse

Offline keano100

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 08:13:01 AM »
Mine is different to your then. It takes about 5 minutes before i can feel this heaviness in my knee. It feels like there is something in there which shouldnt be. A bit like a swelling. The pain is a  it inconsistent. Usually i can feel some when i go downstairs or walking down a decline. It does come and go though. I have no pain at the back of my knee and i don't think there should be any lumps where your incisions are. If you look at my photo the knee is still swollen. Id go back to you doctor to see what they say. 

support