Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: What pain am I having after 20 weeks of recovery?  (Read 530 times)

Offline Polfwack

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
What pain am I having after 20 weeks of recovery?
« on: July 28, 2014, 02:01:50 AM »
So I had a class II sprain of my mcl 21 weeks ago, it was immediately diagnosed ane i was put in a knee brace. i couldnt walk very well for the first couple days but I heard that was normal, I layed off of it for about 9 weeks and just rested it. my doctor became concerned after 9 weeks because it should have been much better but i had significant pain. I had an MRI done, and they said there was no mcl or meniscus tear that they could see, it began to get better but my basketball season started and I began playing at about 95 percent healed and never gave myself enough time to heal. Now 21 weeks into it i have been rested for a month along with physical therapy and 0 progress over a month. Doctor said my knee is stable, but WHAT IS THE PAIN? It only hurts when i bend it inward and I notice I can click my knee a lot, should I not do that? From what I've hesrd the mcl is fully healed, but can it still have pain? I am starting to get discouraged by my recent lack of progress before my senior year of basketball PLEASE HELP thank you!!!!

Offline tinydinosaur

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 19
Re: What pain am I having after 20 weeks of recovery?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 07:04:49 AM »
~ not a doctor

it might be possible that you have looseness in your ligaments after a sprain, i'm just guessing here, causing some tracking issue of the kneecap. your physio should be able to tell you if you have tracking problems or any kind of laxity in your ligaments, they should also be able to diagnose any problems with patella gliding, if your physio cannot - find another one (preferably a sports physio or athletic therapist).

also ask your physio about supportive taping (kinesio tape) for the knee.

good luck!