Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: What could this be?  (Read 539 times)

Offline tennisplayer

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
What could this be?
« on: July 21, 2014, 08:39:54 PM »
Last week, I was playing tennis and accidentally hit the inner part of my right knee cap with the butt-cap of my tennis racquet. It stung quite a bit, but I didn't think anything much of it and continued playing. It was stiff the next morning and there was a small bruise, but that was it. I continued my regular schedule of working out and playing tennis nearly every day. This morning I went for a run for the first time since the incident happened. I was just finishing and my right knee began to hurt. I didn't think anything of it and decided to try to finish my run as I only had a little bit left. I couldn't finish. Every time my leg kicked back on my stride I experienced a lot of pain. I iced when I got home, took a few painkillers, and am now sitting at work. Whenever I straighten or bend my leg there is a lot of pain and my knee is very stiff. There is some swelling as well. It hurts to walk even. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Offline LAS

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 11
Re: What could this be?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 01:32:15 AM »
Hi tennisplayer:  It could be anything from a bruise to a chipped bone.  With soft tissue injures from a sudden trauma such as you had there is usually bruising that lasts for a few weeks.  if you still can't straighten your leg or get the selling down go to the OS and get an x-ray.  I would back off from the runs until you know what it is.   Sounds like you might be aggravating it.   You may need some PT to get the kinks worked out.