Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee weakness?  (Read 549 times)

Offline deeppowder

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee weakness?
« on: July 16, 2014, 03:47:42 AM »
So hear is the story. I took a big fall this past winter skiing(not twisting more like superman). After that my knee felt weak for a period but I was able to ski(both crosscounty and downhill) for the rest of the season(live in Telluride and ski a lot).  Started biking and hiking and weakness was totals gone. Slipped two weeks ago and knee felt funny again. No swelling, no sharp pain just slight weakness and dull ache. Went to doc and she tested knee and said it felt fine. Went to PT who tested knee and said it felt great. Asked her if there was any chance of ligament damage and she said with my knee she was positive. Went to ortho doc(again this doc deals with many knee injuries being near a major ski resort) and he said everything felt fine. No need for MRI and give it a couple of months to see how it feels. What could it be. I have full range of motion, does not catch, no swelling. I can do moderate bike rides and walks but still feels off but its only been 2 weeks. Any ideas? I know I could push for an MRI but im thinking I should give it a while and do pt and see how it goes?

Thanks
Deeppowder

support