Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: oxford mobile bearing pkr  (Read 4752 times)

Offline turbostar

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
oxford mobile bearing pkr
« on: July 11, 2014, 03:17:57 PM »
Are these any good on the lateral side? Been told they have improved them.

Offline Renee Puti

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: oxford mobile bearing pkr
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 12:08:42 PM »
Hi there, I am 35yr old, I have had no lateral cartilage since age 15, hence early replacement was needed. In March this yr I had an Oxford Hemi on the Lateral side. My surgeon is known as the best where I am from and also engineers tools and parts for knees, he told me Lateral knee damage is 2-3% of the population, and lateral replacement is rare. He has warned me that it is unlike replacing the inside, its a different shaped surface, and that I can expect it to not follow the norm. The new joint feels pretty good, only prob is an upset peroneal nerve. Lets see how I go, I was working hard with PT and the gym, but the nerve pain got worse and worse and then I got shingles on the knee. I have had a lot of ankle pain since March which I don't understand, but my surgeon said improvement varies, but generally I can expect things to improve over 18 mths.  I didn't really have a choice to have the surgery, I lost so much muscle though I was cycling alot, my leg deteriorated so much due to the arthritis that I couldn't walk for long, I say this cause its a hard choice it's a longggg recovery. One thing I wish I had had it a year ago, before my muscles got worse. I also have the same thing to look forward to on my right leg at some stage over the next couple of yrs, but I think I am going to try an osteotomy first, that will give me 7 yrs unloaded to the good side, cause the pain from replacement, even though I have had 3 knee surgeries already does not compare, and its on going now. All the best Renee

Offline turbostar

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: oxford mobile bearing pkr
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 02:25:48 PM »
Mines shagged on the outside, no meniscus for 12yrs there. I was told it's tricky but can be done.
Same as you find it hard to exercise it, as for pain i hope it's not as bad as the TTT i had done and that did hurt. Cheers  8)

support