Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: kinespring  (Read 3799 times)

Offline CrossTrainFit

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: kinespring
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 11:39:01 AM »
I have also posted on this site but am unsure where my posts went (although I did get 1 reply so they are showing up somewhere!). I had the kinespring put in 10 days ago. I did not expect how much pain I would have post op day 1&2. It is slowly getting better, I can now get out if bed with minimal pain & can bear wt.  I go back for my 10 day post op appt today & hopefully to get my staples out. Still have quite a bit of swelling which limits ROM. Hopefully I have made the right decision, back to work (recovery/ER nurse) in 6 weeks!

Offline doclarry

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: kinespring 10 months out, medial knee pain still ?
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 10:25:07 PM »
New to blog and sounds like real mixed bag out there with results and not a lot of "specifics" on successful rehab problems mentioned here.  I had Kinespring surgery last April 2013 and fairly typical 1st months progression and even though I have good functional ROM, I have had persistent pain..deep, achy , sharp "shearing" type pain in area between Kinespring and patella( knee cap) anywhere form 3 to 7 on pain scale still.( exact area : from top edge of Kinespring brace over to knee cap down to bottom edge brace and over to patella and upper shin( pes anserine area) I have tried many PT treatments/exercises, yoga, NSAID's , anti-inflammatories, CT support nutritionally, icing, tried cortisone shot,.. to no great or any lasting improvement. Aggravated especially on walking on uneven ground or slopes, being on knees, excess use,etc..and takes a awhile to calm down to "sore" baseline. Other thing is I have noticed is having more  problems with that leg ; groin pain /issues, hamstring pull at times and feel may be related to all the compensation in my walking gait as I'm in pain. I used to golf, hike, etc active lifestyle...now my wife soaring ahead leaving me in the dust !..Share many frustrations of others out there but WILL NOT GIVE UP...?? ANY helpful ideas or success with treating this area of pain..?? Thanks and good luck to all facing similar challenges

Offline Beausknees

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 02:19:17 AM »
I've just seen my surgeon and he's fairly confident that I will be excepted into a clinical trial in the US.  After reading many of the posts I'm concerned if I'm doing the right thing.  I'm curious now in March 2014 how you guys are doing now.

Any information would be helpful.

Thx

Beau

Offline Beausknees

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 05:38:52 PM »
Hi CrossTrainFit,

I would like to correspond with you.  I just had my surgery on 7/3/14 and would like to compare notes.  Please contact me at [email protected]

Thank you

Beau

support