Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Chronic Knee Pain w/o diagnosis... Doctors giving up  (Read 548 times)

Offline Szak_007

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Chronic Knee Pain w/o diagnosis... Doctors giving up
« on: July 09, 2014, 08:25:07 PM »
Hi I'm a 16 year old former softball player and dancer and have had PFPS for 3 years now. Countless MRIs, Xrays, a bone scan, dozens of Manital injections, braces, taping, acupuncture, a nerve block, a ketamine infusion, PT for 3 years now, 2 surgeries, and probably close to 17 opinions and nothing has worked. I've been told I have PFPS (which seems to be the current diagnosis), RSD, plica syndrome, and that it is all in my head. All of my diagnostic tests have come back clean, except my most recent MRI (2 weeks ago) that showed a patch of white inflammation behind the kneecap. It's to the point now where I, myself am the one looking up possible diagnosis for my pain which is so intense. Also I have been on countless medicines that have yet to work. The only thing I get any relief from is taking Hydrocodone, which I don't want to be taking for the rest of my life. I wake up every night between 2-5 a.m. with a sharp shooting pain. Had surgeries done by Saluan and Andrish of Cleveland Clinic. All of my doctors have given up and my most recent OS told me that I'm gong to have to live with this. Anyone with a similar situation?