Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACLr/MCL trouble bending  (Read 545 times)

Offline Scubagrl4

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 43
ACLr/MCL trouble bending
« on: July 09, 2014, 03:54:55 PM »
Hello all,
I have been reading a lot of your posts, and have found them helpful and encouraging.  Thanks for all of your input so far.
So, here is my quick story- I injured my knee playing volleyball and ended up with an ACL rupture, grade 2+ MCL tear and severe bone bruising on April 14.  Because of the severity of the MCL tear, I was immobilized in a brace for 3 weeks, then pushed really hard to gain ROM and strength prior to my surgery on June 6.  During that time, I formed a lot of scar tissue and unfortunately went into surgery at only 108 flexion and still very weak (extension was at 0).
I was slowly progressing until this week.  I actually lost flexion in PT and all of a sudden my knee is incredibly stiff.  I saw my OS yesterday and he just said I have got to get the knee bending.  Had his staff crank on my knee for 30 minutes, it seems as though I lost more motion and my knee swelled to double its size.  The OS indicated that I just need to grit my teeth and get through it, which I feel like I've been doing all of this time.  Before surgery, my previous PT discovered that I was overdoing it, and once I backed off, things did improve....I just feel like I am getting two completely different sets of directions.  I am so depressed about this whole situation.
I guess what I'm asking for is any advice from any of you, any words of encouragement...anything that might help me get through all of this.
4/14/14 L ACL rupture, grade 2+ MCL tear
6/6/14 ACLr allograft
9/4/14 MUA
10/6/14 LOA/AIR, synovectomy, lateral/medial retinacular release, partial lateral menisectomy, chondroplasty, deep tissue
biopsies.
11/20/14 insufflation, MUA
10/19/15: LOA/air, PLM, chondro, synovectomy, med/lat releases

support