Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Lateral ligament shifting around, can't fully bend knee  (Read 482 times)

Offline dp48

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Lateral ligament shifting around, can't fully bend knee
« on: July 09, 2014, 03:31:50 PM »
Hey guys,

I am 25 years old, have been active in many sports throughout my life, mainly football (soccer). I had a meniscus arthroscopy when I was 15 years old, I recovered with no issues. At one point during college I was barely doing any sports and my knee weakened; this resulted in the issue I currently have which is the following:
For the past 6 months - 1 year, my lateral ligament shifts in it's place when I go from bending to extending my knee. Furthermore, I can't fully bend that knee either, probably about 90% of the way. For movements such as going up stairs my knee shifts a bit inward unconsciously. I'm fairly certain my knee is misaligned. I have no real pain. I went to an orthopedic who basically told me the only think I need to do is strengthen my vastus medialis muscle.

I wanted a secondary opinion here and ask about possible exercises to further strengthen the necessary muscle(s) and realign my knee once and for all. Thanks :).

support