Advertisement - Hide this advert

Poll

Numbness on my knee is that normal?

How long before I get back to work (heavy construction)
0 (0%)
Would I have permanent damage
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: I rupture my right knee patella tendon.... Ouch!!!  (Read 615 times)

Offline Cheesey

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I rupture my right knee patella tendon.... Ouch!!!
« on: January 25, 2015, 11:15:39 PM »
Hi, I have suffer a personal injury falling off a stairwell causing a rupture of my patella tendon. My accident happen 39 days ago, now I'm 17 days post op. I have to admit this has been my worst experience ever due to this accident. The first week post op was the worst, I was under heavy meds for the pain and needed assistant for everything I could hardly get off the bed and when I did my injure leg felt like it weight 100lbs. I'm going on 3 weeks post op and I'm feeling stronger every day. I'm walking on crutches and have a knee brace to support my leg, I also practice a few exercise to get sensation on my knee and last week I started working out with two 15 lbs dumbbells to strengthen my upper body. My advise to everyone suffering a similar injury is to take it easy and don't rush ( this is a slow process recovery) heal right and follow up with your doctor and therapy for a healthy recovery....

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 206
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
Re: I rupture my right knee patella tendon.... Ouch!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 09:15:56 AM »
Hi Cheesey

Welcome to KneeGuru

May I suggest that you report on the RPT thread - Ruptured Patella Tendon/surgery and join numerous fellow patients who have sustained this very rare and serious injury.

You make no mention if you have seen a PT who will decide what exercises are required as it is going to take a minimum of six months to regain a reasonable ROM (range of movement).

I would suggest that you click on the undermentioned thread, which contains a number of documents which I have put together with KneeGuru, and explains the nature of your serious injury and the rehab process.

It is essential that you have PATIENCE, listen to your knee - don`t drive until authorised by your OS.

How did you sustain your injury?   ASK questions -

Take care

JohnK/ Manchester UK

https://www.facebook.com/QuadricepsPatellarTendonRupture
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon

support