Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Lateral release and scar tissue removal and having TTO soon  (Read 977 times)

Offline abbeyle

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi everyone,
I have been reading a lot of people's post op diaries and decided to make my own.

I'm 17 and a junior in high school. I have been playing soccer for most of my life. I played for my school and on a side rec team for fun. Unfortunately my high school soccer career is over.  :(

Let me tell you about what I have been through. It started in November 2012, during a soccer I was running and fell onto my knee. I went to an orthopedic and they thought I had torn my meniscus but I didn't, just frayed cartilage. So, I started physical therapy and went back to playing soccer. Spring of 2012, during a soccer game I was cutting to get the ball and my knee popped and I went down. I couldn't walk off the field so my coach and a player had to carry me off. I went on crutches and went back to my orthopedic and again they thought it was a torn meniscus but it wasn't. So over time my knee pain got worse and I was on and off crutches when finally I turned 16 and switched to a different orthopedic in the department. He decided to have me get an MRI which showed some abnormity around my meniscus. Which made him decide to do an arthroscopic surgery, which he gave me three possibilities it could be 1. torn meniscus where he puts stitches in it. 2. something else wrong with the meniscus and 3. the knee cap. He wouldn't know for sure until he went in so around July 4th last year I had a lateral release. I was doing really well with rehab and my recovery and i was going to get cleared soon. But I ended up falling on it and I just kept worse in pain so my doctor did another arthroscopic surgery and ended up just having to remove scar tissue that was irritating my meniscus. I had that surgery at the beginning of January this year. I went back to physical therapy and was doing excellent I was suppose to get cleared in April to start running and I went back to my orthopedic and my knee was completely swollen and as the days went on the pain got worse and I have been on crutches ever since. My doctor has decided to do a TTO on me on June 20th. Because of this I will not be able to play soccer my senior year but hopefully club or intramurals in college.

Offline abbeyle

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Lateral release and scar tissue removal and having TTO soon
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 12:40:55 AM »
also I have questions about TTO. so if you have had it and are willing to answer questions please reply.