Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Medial Meniscus Repair 3 Weeks Post Op - Swelling in ankle?  (Read 804 times)

Offline cacoyle

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi

Im 3 weeks and 3 days post op and since yesterday my ankle an calf have started swelling to approx 1.5 times the size of my other ankle  :o

I'm not really doing much weight bearing and flex my calfs regularly throughout the day so im not sure whats up!?

The strange thing is that my knee swelling is minimal :-\  can anyone give me any pointers? PS im in a leg brace as well which i have loosened when sitting around to help my bloodflow.

Offline vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 441
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Medial Meniscus Repair 3 Weeks Post Op - Swelling in ankle?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 07:11:44 PM »
You should contact your surgeon first and foremost

However, I had swelling in my foot and ankle following surgery to evacuate a massive haematoma from my shin following an accident.  My surgeon diagnosed dependent oedema and essentially said I needed to keep the foot elevated, ice and keep the foot and ankle moving.  Elevation preferably above the heart is key here.  Especially at night

Good luck :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09 (lat meniscus, lat condyle defect)
LK scopes 8/2/10 & 16/12/10
RK scope 5/2/15 (menisectomy, Hoffa’s fat pad trim)
LK scope 10.1.19 medial meniscectomy, trochlea MFX
LK scope 19.4.21 MFX to both condyles & trochlea, patella cartilage shaved, viscoseal, depo-medrone

Offline cacoyle

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Medial Meniscus Repair 3 Weeks Post Op - Swelling in ankle?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 12:27:19 PM »
Turns out that it may have been a clot - i went to the ER and my D-Dimer tests came back pretty high so they put me on some meds for a few days then back for an ultrasound, which came back clear :)

still swollen a bit but the meds helped!