Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: ACL graft stretch or torn  (Read 761 times)

Offline Skhan7263

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ACL graft stretch or torn
« on: May 23, 2014, 12:20:38 AM »
Never thought I would be on a knee board but I just had an acl reconstruction and large meniscus repair done using my hamstring graft last Tuesday May 13. I am about a week and a half post op I was placed in the immobilizer locked straight and non weight bare restriction but Monday my PT said partial weight bare is ok I've only been driving to go to school and that's it other then that I'm stuck in bed. I have a lot of trouble sleeping at night cause it is so uncomfortable so I take the pain meds to help me sleep but I'll turn and toss a lot going from laying on one side to the other to my stomach to try to sleep but today my knee was really hurting more then usual around the knee cap and especially bothersome while at school I would put it up on the chair and take it off constantly and there was a heightened pain increase but one time when I lifted it to get off the chair I felt something in it sort of like a small crack or something shift it felt weird for a second and felt very strange walking on it. It didn't feel like if was unstable just something moving in my knee I'm really worried I damaged the repairs and do have the follow up appointment tomorrow but I need something to ease my mind tonight or what to expect when I go in tomorrow