Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Can somebody help me understand my MRI results??  (Read 1299 times)

Offline youngbg17

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Can somebody help me understand my MRI results??
« on: May 22, 2014, 06:28:25 AM »
I had this MRI done a while back but just getting my results from medical records so I'm clueless please help me understand. Both my knees hurt like hell and are filled with fluid.

MRI for the right knee:

FINDINGS: There is a small joint effusion. There is a small fluid collection which between the medial head of the gastrocnemius and semimembranosus tendons consistent with a Baker's cyst. Bone marrow signal is unremarkable. On the coronal images, there is evidence of a prominent fissure or cleft within the medial femoral condyle cartilage.

The collateral ligaments, cruciate ligaments, and extensor mechanism, are intact. The medial meniscus is intact. There is mild degenerative signal within the anterior horn of the lateral meniscus without definite tear.

IMPRESSIONS:
1. Mild degenerative signal within the anterior horn of the lateral meniscus without definite tear.
2. Apparent prominent cleft or fissure within the medial femoral condyle cartilage, only seen on the coronal images.
3. Small joint effusion with a small Baker's cyst.

MRI for the left knee:

FINDINGS: There is a small joint effusion. Bone marrow signal is unremarkable. Articular cartilage is grossly intact.

The collateral ligaments, cruciate ligaments, and extensor mechanism are intact. Menisci are intact.

IMPRESSION: Small joint effusion. Otherwise remarkable MRI of the left knee.

support