Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: PRF -- Kinamed custom implant  (Read 4934 times)

Offline MitzMom

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
PRF -- Kinamed custom implant
« on: May 15, 2014, 11:27:10 PM »
I have been on the forum for 2 months, and got no responses...  all of the entries that have anything to do with PKR or PFR are at least 2-3 years old...  Super frustrated that NO one seems to have had or heard of the Kinemed custom PFR that I will be getting on May 30.  I am feeling confident about the procedure, as I have no real other option.... (custom in that a CT is taken and a 3d model of knee made from scan, and then the parts are made to fit only my knee, not an "off the shelf" model)

I am bone on bone on the medial side of both knee caps...starting with right side and then the left (don't know how long between the 2!)  I am 43 years old, active female (skiing, rollerblading, hiking, dog walking)  had "generous" lateral releases in the late 80's that also included quad reduction... no good.  I am concerned that I may not return to my level of skiing, but hoping it's enough of a success that I can lead a somewhat normal, busy life....   :o

ANYONE with experience please respond!!!!

Offline Yankee

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 2
Re: PRF -- Kinamed custom implant
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 08:00:35 PM »
I've never heard of it but I may be headed for it if I need a custom fix since my arthrosurface op was a failure - please share your experience, hope it goes well for you.

support