Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: PRP layer extraction and Color  (Read 4790 times)

Offline claus6778

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
PRP layer extraction and Color
« on: May 15, 2014, 12:55:08 PM »
Hi,

I had PRP prepped from a company called Regenlab.  The practioner extracted and injected the clear yellow part (plasma) of the centrifuged blood. I was told that this clear yellow liquid contains platelets.  I have watched videos on youtube where the extracted part seems to the reddish portion.

I am wondering if this difference in layer of extraction is due to technology? I am also wondering if the reddish portion actually contains more platelets.

Thank you.
roger
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 01:00:47 PM by claus6778 »

Offline MDAL

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 108
Re: PRP layer extraction and Color
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:25:19 PM »
No, the good part that you need is the yellow part. That's the plasma and where the platelets and growth factors are present.

The more clean from red (the more pure and clear the yellow is) the better.

Different blood preparations can do very different concentration levels of platelets. There are comparison tables out there where different machines and processes were tested.

I don't know what videos you been watching, but it doesn't make any sense to inject the red part... it's the yellow part that contains the platelets, growth factors and anti-inflammatory agents.

Offline psny

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 14
Re: PRP layer extraction and Color
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 07:02:18 AM »
Hi,

I had PRP prepped from a company called Regenlab.  The practioner extracted and injected the clear yellow part (plasma) of the centrifuged blood. I was told that this clear yellow liquid contains platelets.  I have watched videos on youtube where the extracted part seems to the reddish portion.

I am wondering if this difference in layer of extraction is due to technology? I am also wondering if the reddish portion actually contains more platelets.

Thank you.
roger

This is a very good question. The best answer to this is that it depends on the separation kit your doctor used. If you want to be absolutely sure ask them which separation kit they use (Harvest, Biomet, EmCyte). Several medical equipment manufactures have kits that separate the red blood cells from platelet rich plasma mixtures. These are often used in cosmetic applications, but should have the same effectiveness as preparations with red blood cells still present. There are still mixed opinions in research and in the medical community about red blood cells in PRP preparations. To conclude, platelet rich plasma can be either a yellow color or a deep red color depending on the separation kit being used.

For more information on kits that remove RBCs check out: http://www.emcyte.com/index1pureprp.htm

support