Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 2 months after PT  (Read 866 times)

Offline jimbro

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
2 months after PT
« on: May 14, 2014, 07:47:38 PM »
MRI revealed complex tear of posterior horn of medial meniscus with horizontal and radial components. Also moderate to high grade cartilage defect over posterior aspect lateral femoral condyle with underlying subchondral bone marrow edema/cyst formation. Small joint effusion.

Above was original post of 12/13/13. I did 25 visits of PT and been back to work 2 months now at a labor job. I still get sharp pains and stiffness at the back of the knee. I'm afraid to ride my bike due to frequent discomfort. I function ok except I avoid stairs when not necessary and contemplate surgery at least a few times a week. Im 43 and was commuting to work on my bike before this happened.
The doctor wants to go in and clean it up. Its 5 months now should I keep waiting and praying to feel normal again?

Offline Lanterne Rouge

• Regular Poster
Re: 2 months after PT
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 07:26:36 PM »
You should go under knife. Or arthroscopy if you can afford it. They should clean the mess.

Offline jimbro

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: 2 months after PT
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 06:34:54 PM »
Ok that was straight forward. Was hoping for a few more replies. It seems some say get it scoped and others insist on letting it heal more. If it works out as a simple clean it out job, how long can one expect to be not working? Keep in mind I lift 40 pound containers frequently and push drums and other heavy objects weighing from 200 to 300 pounds.
Thanks

support