Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Anyone tried Flexiseq for OA?  (Read 7908 times)

Offline WonkeyDonkey

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 12
Anyone tried Flexiseq for OA?
« on: May 14, 2014, 05:12:33 PM »
Has anyone tried Flexiseq Gel? I have just bought some in my local chemist, having looked at the website about it. I am going to start using it tonight and will let you know if it does what it says.

Apparently it has been especially formulated to help pain due to OA, and applied twice a day can help to relieve the joint pain associated with OA. The gel is registered as a medical device and not as drugs.

Here is the link to the website  http://www.flexiseq.com/

If you have tried it, please let me know how you have got on with it.

WD

Offline WonkeyDonkey

• Forum Faithful
Re: Anyone tried Flexiseq for OA?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 06:12:02 PM »
Well I used Flexiseq gel for 9 days, applying it morning and evening but have had to stop using it as it would appear that I have an allergic reaction to something in it. My knee started to itch, became very red and then felt like I had someone putting hundreds of pins into it, which hurt loads, this lasted for about 12 hours. I then came up into a rash, but not spots, more like lines and then the skin became dry.
It is now 5 days since I last applied the gel and the knee still is dry and covered in red lines.
Although I have stopped using this gel, I do believe that I had some benefit from the week I used it. My knee felt better when getting up in the mornings and appeared to have less creaks and grinding.
I am going to book in with my GP and see what he has to say.

WD

Offline fresia

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 05:46:46 PM »
WonkeyDonkey: I was wondering how the rash resolved and if your GP was able to help? After using Flexiseq for about a week I also came out in a rash with red lines about 3 days ago and it doesn't seem to be responding to antihistamine cream. Any suggestions would be very gratefully received!

Offline WonkeyDonkey

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 10:20:42 PM »
Fresia - I did stop using the gel before going to my GP although the GP then said to actually keep going with the gel as I would get over the effects I was having. I started using the gel again after my visit and got the same reaction and tried to work through this uncomfortable dry tight itchy skin. I used the gel morning and evening and tried to rub in aqueous cream or E45 to moisturise the skin during the day a couple of times. This definitely helped, but during the winter months it became a bit of a pain to apply and wait for it to dry so gave up using it.

Somewhere in the leaflet that comes with the gel, it does say about reactions and to work through them, although I never expected for my knee to look the way it did.

I felt a little relief but not enough to really justify the 18 + per tube which lasted approx. 10 days. I have had injections that work better for less aggro.

I know a number of people who have started using this gel, all have felt some relief but have tended to stop either through the cost or the fact that it seems a bit of a pain to use long term.

Let me know how you get on with the gel and if it helps you.

support