Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: What do my CT arthogram results mean. What ?'s to ask surgeon?  (Read 716 times)

Offline bmurphy688

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Since i have a spinal cord stimulator in my back, i had to get a ct arthogram on my knee..

Impression:

Moderate Fissuring of the articular cartilage of the median ridge of the patella

Slight surface  irregularity and mild fissuring of the articular cartilage at the lateral tibial plateau

no CT evidence of injury of the distal quadriceps or patellar tendon

I believe the test was ordered in response to not being able to do a straight leg raise, the inability to bend my knee, and severe pain in the front of knee as well as the side... In addition, i've fallen on four different occasions as my knee would suddenly give way.

From all that i've researched on the net, my symptoms seem to point to ruptured quad... the results seem to say otherwise...

any input would be greatly appreciated... i'm heading to see ortho surgeon this coming thursday.. my pain mgt dr shared the results with me today.

any input  on types of procedures to rectify my knee problems, questions to ask the surgeon, etc would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:49:08 PM by bmurphy688 »

Offline bmurphy688

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Well, visit with surgeon brought no closure to my knee problems, only further questions resulting in more tests.

Ultimately an MRI would answer any questions.  However I have a spinal cord stimulator in my back preventing an MRI. Since the arthogram ct did not conclusively show damage, an ultrasound of both knees has been ordered so that the problematic knee can be compared to my good knee.

It has now been two months since original injury which I do not know how it occurred as I passed out only to wake up with my knee the size of a soccer ball in addition to shooting pains down the leg, burning arch in the foot, and the outer three toes being numb.  I have not been able to do a straight leg raise or bend my knee from a sitting position from the beginning. While in the hospital, I've had many scans, x rays, and an EEG to determine what the problem(s) are, with out much luck.

I now sit with a still swollen knee and the inability to lift/bend it.  I can place pressure on the limb, however, there's a good amount of pain.  I believe there is something still very wrong with my leg separate from my back issues. At surgeons office, three dr's looked at leg and arthomscan, some thought arthroscopic surgery may be necessary while my surgeon thinks ultrasounds should do.  I'm tired, frustrated, and have had enough.  It seems every time I see a doctor, it's yet another week to two weeks before maybe an answer. 

For the back, I'm working with pain mgt dr.  We're trying epidural shots to see if we can get inflammation down around a nerve that is encased with scar tissue.  Prior to this episode I've had four surgeries on the back. Still experiencing back pain and leg pain.. I've had one s**t so far.

Sorry, just needed to vent, I've had enough.