Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Interesting article on ALL and ACL reconstruction (why some ACL surgery fails?)  (Read 713 times)

Offline skittles

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Found this article (shame about the controversial title) ,thought some people might find it useful,especially people like me who have had failed ACL surgeries and have had very little explanation to why! I have recently had this surgery as part of a bigger procedure,didn't realise how new this technique was!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2613883/Surgeons-finally-win-Battle-Wounded-Knee-Revolutionary-new-operation-repair-joint-uses-ligament-knew-existed-six-months-ago.html

Age 25 ( feel a lot older with a joint like this!  :-\)
over the last 10 years... :'(
4x arthroscopy + partial meniscectomies + meniscus repair
2 x ACL reconstructions ( hamstring then patella tendon)
1x ACL reconstruction + PLC reconstruction (allograft)
1x r/o metal work and bone grafts
1X ACL + PLC + MCL + ACL reconstruction + meniscus repair (allograft)

Offline skittles

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Also some may people comment on the supposed inaccuracies of this article, such as the ALL is 'Not' newly discovered. I am aware of this dispute. I work with various knee surgeons myself and some say it's old news and some say it doesn't really exist still! Confused.com.

Posting this article I am trying to focus on the surgery itself and maybe the little gleam of hope it might be able to give some people! Thanx!  ;D