Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee pain - seeking opinions  (Read 613 times)

Offline dre_leclerc

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee pain - seeking opinions
« on: April 26, 2014, 11:15:40 PM »
Hi everyone!

I was a runner for approximately 3 years, before I started experiencing knee pain. The pain typically started on the lateral/outside of my right knee. I would start running, then the pain would be felt 1 mile into my run. If I continued the run, the pain got worse to the point where I could not walk on it. The pain would be felt for 2-3 days later.

I self-diagnosed this as the "runner's knee", so I did the physiotherapy, the deep-tissue massages, bought the foam roller, bought new shoes, did my stretching, etc, etc.. 4 years later - I am still dealing with this pain but in both knees and I don't even run anymore. The pain can come from a simple walk.

It's a sharp pain that starts from the outside of the knee and goes all the way to the front / back - but stays on the outer part. Going down stairs is even more painful once the pain is present.

I'm 37 years old, relatively fit & active, but given the knee pain is getting worse over the years - it concerns me. Given the deep-tissue massages, physio, foam roller, new shoes, stretching - all of which I have done and continue to do - could I be dealing with something more than my IT band being tight?

Thanks for your opinions :)

support