Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee extension post ACL reconstruction  (Read 519 times)

Offline avn

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee extension post ACL reconstruction
« on: April 11, 2014, 01:15:07 AM »
Thanks for reading my concerns first of all.

My knee undergone ACL reconstruction using Patellar tendon about 6 weeks ago and I am doing physio therapy from 5 weeks.

My quad strength is good and I also stopped using the crutch from last couple of days, although wearing a protective brace while weight bearing. My pain and swelling  is very minimal. I am worried about the knee extension I have.

My hamstring feels very stiffer and everytime the hamstring is massaged (approx 10 mins) I get to extend my knee to zero degrees but this does not last. After say 4-5 hours my knee does not get a ero degree extension but is about 4 to 5 degrees off. The massage helps again and knee extends to zero again but once again for just a few hours.

It is still early stages for me but is this normal scenario ? My therapist is saying its absolutely normal and I will reach to zero in few more weeks, but I am little bit worried because this has been happening since my 4th week of therapy.

Other aspects are fine, bending is OK, putting weight is OK and even after the massage the knee straightens. Am just worried if my condition is normal or do I Have to alter few things that I am doing.

I have seen my colleague whose knee has a permanent 5 degree bend and he limps on a regular basis now. Not a comparison but just worried

Appreciate any feedback or suggestion.