Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Left Knee Burning Feel All Day  (Read 560 times)

Offline ll8978

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
    • Girl and Pup
Left Knee Burning Feel All Day
« on: April 09, 2014, 01:05:26 AM »
Okay, I am so terrible at trying to describe this feeling so lets give it a go! First, I am a 24 year old former runner. I had seven knee surgeries on my right knee since June 2011. The last knee surgery was on March 28, 2014.

Although I would love advice for this knee, it has been a long process so I'm going to focus on my other knee right now. After about my fifth surgery, my left knee started to develop this pinchy/stinging feeling. Suddenly, when I was cycling it would feel like it wasn't really gliding correctly and would make a sudden "crack" like it would go back into place almost? There was no pain, though, with the crack.

I got an MRI for it, but it came back with no noticeable problems. It seems like it would be almost plica/meniscus related but I am not sure. I haven't been doing any running or anything overly strenuous for a long time and it actually feels better jogging than on a bike. Odd. My surgeon believes it's from compensating for my other knee, but I have my doubts.

The weirdest thing is the constant itchy/scratchy burning feeling at the point of my knee/quadriceps meeting and some tenderness along the medial side of my knee. I do foam roll and have some really tender spots along my quads/calves but it never seems to get it to go away.

I'm not sure if anyone has any thoughts or experience with this, but since I have developed kind of an anxiety reaction where my face turns red if I get upset... I thought this was the time to at least talk it out! Thanks so much!

Laur