Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACL tear with microfractures/bone bruises!  (Read 699 times)

Offline amy_666

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ACL tear with microfractures/bone bruises!
« on: April 07, 2014, 07:53:08 PM »
Hi! I flew off my horse just over 6 weeks ago, and found that i had completely torn my ACL and had micro-fractures on the lateral condyle of my femur too after having and MRI.
The consultant has said that he doesnt want to do surgery yet because my quads have wasted and wants to get them back again. I have been having physio since, but i have only seen my physio 3 times since. I cannot fully extend my leg or fully flex. Its impossible to squat too! There is still loads of swelling and constant pain at the back of my knee...

Has anyone else had this similar problem? It just doesn't seem to be getting any better and the physio isnt bothered about this pain in my knee. I am still using crutches.

Thankyou!xx

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 73
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: ACL tear with microfractures/bone bruises!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 11:38:32 AM »
Hi Amy,

I have not torn my ACL, my latest MRI scan did come up showing bone bruising inside my right knee and havving an exploratory scope done on 18/07/14. My OS may have to perform a microfracture. I have some signs of wear and tear on the medial facet; yours is reverse lateral condyle of my femur. Pain will be similar, all my pain and swelling is near the tibia, also have fluid at the bottom of my right kneecap.

Here a link of my MRI results, due to the swelling, bruising and fluid inside my right knee it make it difficult for my OS to give a full diagnoses purely on just the MRI scan. He will have to scope my right knee to get a true picture of what is wrong inside my knee.

Bone bruising inside the knee is not seen too often on an MRI scan according to my OS. It can can also by cartilage deterioration or a tear, bone bruising inside the knee!

Good luck getting your knee sorted out.

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=63856.0

[email protected]
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

support