Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee replacement?  (Read 518 times)

Offline Annabelle10

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee replacement?
« on: April 05, 2014, 11:33:47 PM »
Hi everyone! Brand new here and I am not totally sure how this works but, I'm going to do my best!! I have had chronic knee pain that has all but stopped my life. I have two darling active boys , but I basically am missing out on valuable time due to physical limitations and pain. Recent MRI shied torn and frayed meniscus, near full thickness chondral defect  ( medial tibial plateau, weight bearing surface) and what upon examination was patellar instability which dr said needed patellar stabilization. I fall quite often and it has resulted in shoulder injuries and head injuries. I still do as much as I can, but it's not that much lol! I was told microfracture treatment would be used as well as repairing meniscus and edges. From what I've read these procedures take quite a bit of recovery time and usually further surgery is needed. I'm just starting on this journey to repair my body so I can be active and live a better quality of life that directly affects my family (especially children). Would a knee replacement be a better option? Seems logical, but I'm not sure if that's something I can request. I don't want multiple surgeries! Any help would be awesome! Hope you have a rad day!!