Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 4 Months after ACL Surgery  (Read 838 times)

Offline dugz one

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
4 Months after ACL Surgery
« on: April 04, 2014, 11:47:38 PM »
i am a 36 year old skateboarder who has been skating for over 20 years. had my first ever surgery on December 13th 2013. chose to do the hamstring graft but my doctor who knows that i need to skate because i will go nuts if i can't chose to do "experimental" surgery on my ACL. what he did was because my ACL only tore away from the very tip top of the bone chose to drill a hole and anchor it back to the bone. he said that i'm the 8th person he's done this on and the previous 7 have all had success. as i'm writing this i'm almost 4 months out of surgery and i have zero swelling, almost full range of motion, and almost zero pain. what concerns me most is that i don't neccessarily have instablilty issues when walking it's just it feels like the repair has stretched out or something and i feel like the repair didn't work. i recently had an MRI and the doctor said that from a scientific standpoint the repair is "perfect" and that "he's on to something". i trust the doctor but the way this feels is weird. i've never had surgery so i'm not certain how i'm supposed to feel at this point. previous to surgery i was working out frequently and my knee felt almost perfect other than not having an attached ACL. i had full range of motion and no swelling and no bruising. has anybody ever heard of a doctor re-attaching an existing ACL with some anchors? i also feel like i tore my MCL again cause when i walk around a corner i feel the bottom half of my leg try to dislocate from the rest of my leg. somebody write back and tell me if any of this makes sense?!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 10:17:55 PM by dugz one, Reason: spelling »

Offline dugz one

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: 4 Months after ACL Surgery
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 11:45:44 PM »
feeling a little better after lots of exercise. went to the doctor for the standard tests my doctor always does and he said it's "rock solid". my doctor also told me that there is another doctor on the east coast that is doing this same type of surgery. those 2 need to sit down and have a discussion!

support