Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Legs out of alignment  (Read 913 times)

Offline darsemnos

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Legs out of alignment
« on: April 03, 2014, 10:44:32 PM »
My legs feel like they are out of alignment. I'm in the US, and a doctor in NYC recommended I check out a doctor in France. Dr. David Dejour. I guess in Europe they deal with misalignments more on the boney side. I don't want to go through with a surgery that cuts my legs in two, but my problems are ruining my life and I can't a doctor in the US to take my complaints seriously.

What do I do? How can it be so hard to find good doctors who actually pay attention and try to fix my problem?

My theory is if my problem developed absent acute injury, it can be fixed without acute injury, ie, surgery.

Offline schnops

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 15
Re: Legs out of alignment
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 07:00:40 PM »
Hey there!
There are ton of people with "miserable malalignment syndrome" on this website and I certainly don't think you have to travel to France to see a good doc. Depends on the type of misalignment u have, but for example, I had a huge Q angle and subluxed several times a day. My OS did a tibial osteotomy (which yes, breaks your tibia) but it actually fixed the issue no problem. Often malalignment can be fixed or treated at least with lots of PT and strengthening, but if it is severe enough then surgery is required, even if there was no acute injury. Not sure where you live, but there's a list on this website of a ton of good OS's that I'm sure could help you figure out a good treatment. Ton of great places in New England if you are from around here!
TTO, LR, arthoscopy, medial tightening R leg -03/'13
Hardware Removal- 9/'13
TTO, LR, athroscopy, medial tightening L leg- 10/'13
VMO advancement, LR, trochleoplasty

support