Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACL rehabilitation  (Read 443 times)

Offline chorton84

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ACL rehabilitation
« on: March 29, 2014, 09:48:29 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am now 8 days into rehabilitation after patella ACL construction on my left knee. Last night in bed I attempted to bring my left leg towards my right however my heel got caught on the bed sheets and bend my leg sidewards causing real pain. Five minutes after I heard a click / pop from my knee joint (may be a coincidence). This morning the knee is still painful from yesterday's incident - on the inside of my joint below the knee, however there is no additional swelling. Should I be worried or is the graft secure enough to withstand such incidents?

Thanks for your advice.

Offline diggz1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: ACL rehabilitation
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 03:32:55 AM »
I did something similar 2 days after my acl recon. I was going to the ER for excruciating pain in my calf and mistepped and fell over my crutch and caught myself with my reconstructed leg and thought for sure I had torn my graft...I had an MRI and it was still intact however it has been over 1.5 years since my surgery and I still have knee pain but I also have been diagnosed with grade IV chondromalacia and tears in both meniscus so that is more than likely the source of my pain
2009--Torn R acl, mcl, medial & lateral meniscus
June 2009-R knee Double partial meniscectomy
July 2012-R knee ACL recon. hamstring graft
Aug2013-R knee Grade IV Chondromalacia
L knee pain 3+ yrs

support