Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tendonitis after Patella Rupture  (Read 2192 times)

Offline pompeydano

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Tendonitis after Patella Rupture
« on: September 23, 2014, 01:41:57 PM »
I'm a year post surgery on a Patella rupture repair (fell off my kids skateboard), and whilst recovery seems to be going well (they said 12-18months for back to normal) I recently tweaked the muscle/knee whilst cycling and aggravated it snowboarding...a great 40th birthday present!  I've now got tendonitis again (not too bad but sore), and am worried I'm on the road to a re-rupture.  Anyone else had this?  Anyone know if a little bit of regression is part of the injury or a precurrsor to something more serious?  Can the tendon repair itself again without intervention?

Cheers
Dano

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 211
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
Re: Tendonitis after Patella Rupture
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 02:44:46 PM »
I would not thought that you have reruptured the tendon after 18 months- but suggest that you have that knee checked out again by your doctor.    Rest and ice first action and keep away from active sports for a while.

Keep posting

Take care

JohnK/ Manchester UK
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon

Offline pompeydano

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 03:58:27 PM »
Yeah, I was hoping to avoid that, My Doctor is a bit aloof to put it politely.

I think what caused it was my Sartorious muscle is a bit tight near the knee, which felt like my knee had a bit of a weakness which I exposed doing some presses on the snowboard - leaning over onto one leg.

Does feel like I've aggravated it,but I was under the impression by the surgeon that patella tendonitis was a thing of the past!  Very annoying to feel like i've gone back a few months and worried that i'll never be free!  Ice, Ice and stretches....

thanks

Offline JJ Rock

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 02:21:05 AM »
Hello Everyone,

Just a quick update...as of today I am at 70 degrees (whoo hoo). Never thought I would be so excited about my range of motion.  I've become a bit of a knee junkie. Anyway I see my surgeon next week and I think he'll be very happy with my progress.  I'm hoping to gain at least another 5-7 degrees by next week Thursday (fingers crossed). The hydro therapy seems to have really helped. 

Thanks,

Jeannine