Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Broken patella- experience with JAS flexion brace?  (Read 717 times)

Offline Alexrun

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Broken patella- experience with JAS flexion brace?
« on: March 20, 2014, 03:39:50 AM »
Hello! I broke my patella in the beginning of December, fell on ice while hiking - result: vertical fracture with 3 peaces, ligaments are intact. I had surgery with two screws, followed by immobilizer for a  month and physical therapy (started at 20, now is 80 degrees range of motion). I do not have pain now, can walk with some  limping, do cross-country skiing, and short run on treadmill. However,  flexion is still a problem and there is little progress with ROM during last two weeks. Doctor recommended to try JAS flexion brace (joint active system static progressive stretch). Does anyone have experience using it with patella fractures? Thank you.

Offline Rainy512

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Broken patella- experience with JAS flexion brace?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 02:31:40 PM »
I broke my patella on Dec 30 and had surgery on Jan 2. I am at 100 ROM but haven't made progress in weeks. I got the JAS and love it. It really helps and you r almost pain free. I am only stuck because the wires are coming through my knee and have to be removed next week. It is early and I am worried but it has become painful and can't do much PT. Hope that helps.

support