Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MRI help please.  (Read 627 times)

Offline sweettrouble1982

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
MRI help please.
« on: March 20, 2014, 12:20:43 AM »
 I have had two previous knee surgeries already. At 15 I have athroscopic with bi-latteral release and the second at 16 and was a complete patella reconstructure due to dislocation repeatedly of the patella.
 I have injured my knee yet again and this is the prelim report. I am just worried there is another surgery in store for me. I have been through PT dozens of times over the years and it always makes everything swell and hurt worse.

Minimal lateral patellar chondral fissuring is observed. There is probably localized full-thickness chondromalcia in the lateral trochlea with associated subchondral marrow edema. A small suprapatellar joint effusion is present. The quadriceps thendon, lateral patellar retinaculum tendon are intact. Postoperative signal alteration is observed in the medial patellar retinaculum. 
ACL and PCL are intact.
In the medial compartment the medial meniscus, artcular cartilage, and medial collateral ligament are intact. A small popliteal cyst is present.

1. Minimal lateral patellar chondral fissuring and localized lateral trochlear chondromalcia.
2. Small joint effusion and small popliteal cyst.
3.Postoperative change in medial patellar retinaculum.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

support