Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tibial Plateau, Femur, Tib/Fib  (Read 487 times)

Offline mcapella

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Tibial Plateau, Femur, Tib/Fib
« on: March 19, 2014, 06:08:12 PM »
Hi everyone! Just for some background info on my injury, on 31 January 2014, I was hit by a car while crossing the street. I had L5 spine, pelvic, femur, tibial plateau, and tib/fib fractures all on my right side. I had reconstructive surgery with rods in my femur and tibia and a plate with some screws around my knee to repair the tibial plateau. I started PT on 7 February doing 3 hours a day for the first two weeks and then down to an hour a day, just working on range of motion and some lifts to try and get the muscle back. 7 weeks post-op and I am still NWB; my orthopedic surgeon says I will not be FWB for another 5 or 6 weeks. I don't have much pain now and am able to walk with crutches but I was just wondering if anyone else has had similar injuries and could tell me a little more about their recovery. I am only 19 years old so my doctors were not too concerned about a full recovery but I am still a little bit worried. I'm mostly nervous about what it will be like to walk again. Can anyone help me out in telling me their experiences or what they think the difficulties/pain level will be like?

Thank you!

support