Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Calf pain 8 weeks post acl  (Read 510 times)

Offline shaush1977

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Calf pain 8 weeks post acl
« on: March 19, 2014, 12:48:43 AM »
I am 8 weeks post op acl with hamstring auto. At this point, my recovery has gone well and I am at 0/125 rom. Yesterday at Pt, the therapist was trying to workout some lumps and was massaging behind my knee, and today I can hardly walk with a limp.  The top of my calf muscle is very tender when walking and even more so when touching it. The pt said its normal to be more sore because we are being more aggressive in in to now. Do you think it's just coincidence that I am feeling this pain, or do you think it has something to do with what the pt did?

What do I do about this? Up to this point, I have been icing every evening, but I'm worried that ice may make it worse. Is it ok to put heat on it? Should I be concerned about a blood clot this late in the game?

Thanks,
Shauna

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 366
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Calf pain 8 weeks post acl
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 08:37:48 AM »
I would contact your physio and ask for advice :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline Sharky74

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Calf pain 8 weeks post acl
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 07:28:09 PM »
Get checked for blood clots with a ultrasound! I had the exact same thing, though was only a few weeks, but the back of my calf hurt. Os said go to the er and get an ultrasound. I almost didnt as was worried about more bills and stuff, but he strongly recommended it, so I had it done. Turned out I had 2 blood clots in the leg.

Started on Lovenox and warfarin. You want to get checked for sure. If it in fact is a clot and breaks free, and travels to the lungs you could be done for.

There are caused from minimal movement and lack of blood flow. Get it checked!

support