Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Lump on knee  (Read 482 times)

Offline Ginja Ninja

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Lump on knee
« on: March 18, 2014, 11:22:31 PM »
Hi guys, I am new to this forum and I stumbled upon while trying to figure out what is wrong with my knee.
First I'll describe where and how I hurt it.
The injury occurred from a direct impact to my left knee, this was on plyometric flooring (gymnastic flooring). At first it just hurt but i shook it off and continued. After a few minutes I had noticed a lump on my knee (about half the size of golfball). So i immediately stopped and began icing it.

Now 4 weeks post injury, I have still have the lump on my knee. The lump is on my left knee on the medial side next to the bottom of my patella.

I can do physical activities, squats, walking, running, etc without much pain. I also have full range of motion without any pain whatsoever. And I'm just curious what my route should be from here.

If there needs to be clarification or more description about something please let me know and I will try and clarify. Thank you

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 399
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Lump on knee
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 08:42:13 AM »
As it's been a month, go see a doctor.  It could be bursitis (housemaid's knee) but only a trained medical professional examining your knee can diagnose you

Good luck :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up