Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: new quadriceps patient  (Read 5974 times)

Offline Stuart Rulka

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 252
Re: new quadriceps patient
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 01:21:11 AM »
Droz. I was back working 3 days post -op.  No reason  not to work  unless under the influence  of heavy duty painkillers. That's life when you're self employed! A large portion of this is mental.
Stuart Rulka
Complete RQT Aug2 2013
Surgery Aug3 2013
Resumed work Aug6 2013

Offline droz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 02:33:23 AM »
Stuart did you have a partial tare?? man I  wish I was back at work!!

Offline Stuart Rulka

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 03:08:40 AM »
Droz. Full tear quad tendon. Work helped to give me focus. Tap on any of our names to read individual stories.My arthritic wrists were too weak to support my crutches so ditched them (the crutches ) after about 5 days. Trusted my PT and stayed positive!
Stuart Rulka
Complete RQT Aug2 2013
Surgery Aug3 2013
Resumed work Aug6 2013

Offline Sharkey

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 7
  • Ruptured Quad left knee 4/19/14, Right TKR 8/1/17
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 01:03:20 PM »
Stuart, I don't see how you went back to work after a full rupture, I ruptured mine in April, and am not back to work yet. Doc says I might be off until September. It still hurts like hell, and after the PT my knee stiffens up again.  Everybody heals different though. Good luck.

Offline mojocpa

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 63
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2014, 03:09:40 PM »
Sharkey, it depends on the type of work that you do. In my case I work in a office on a computer so I was able to go back to work at least part of the day the week following surgery. I was also lucky that I had family members that came to visit to haul me around. Also my wife was a godsend in all the things she did for me. One thing I did find is that even over 9 months later kneeling sucks and that is not good for a Catholic boy like me.
Bilateral quadriceps tendon rupture 10/1/13
Surgery 10/2/13

Offline Stuart Rulka

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 05:59:57 PM »
Sharkey. Tapping a name will give you a full history so no point in rehashing everything, but my big advantage was little pain so no meds. I could not have worked under the influence of painkillers!
  Radiographs in May did show bone fragments up to 10mm floating around so I still have swelling and that rubber doughnut feeling, but have to be patient waiting to have them removed. Our Canadian system is great in an emergency, not so swift for routine problems. Still hiking 3 to 4 times a week.
   Enjoy your summer everyone.
Stuart Rulka
Complete RQT Aug2 2013
Surgery Aug3 2013
Resumed work Aug6 2013

Offline Sharkey

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 7
  • Ruptured Quad left knee 4/19/14, Right TKR 8/1/17
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 01:37:03 PM »
Sharkey. Tapping a name will give you a full history so no point in rehashing everything, but my big advantage was little pain so no meds. I could not have worked under the influence of painkillers!
  Radiographs in May did show bone fragments up to 10mm floating around so I still have swelling and that rubber doughnut feeling, but have to be patient waiting to have them removed. Our Canadian system is great in an emergency, not so swift for routine problems. Still hiking 3 to 4 times a week.
   Enjoy your summer everyone.

I'm new here, so I'm not familiar with certain protocols. Don't have the foggiest idea what you mean by rehashing. I know this injury is frustrating when I work my behind off at rehab, then come home and the knee stiffens back up and is constantly sore, like nothing was done. Then the PT wants me to do more work after I get home. I've been going to therapy for only 2 weeks, but it seems like it's been longer. PT says I still have a lot of scar tissue remaining and I might have to get another MUA or even surgery to remove it. Not looking forward to either.