Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee Popping/Cracking- did you fix yours? Causes?  (Read 724 times)

Offline steve39

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
Knee Popping/Cracking- did you fix yours? Causes?
« on: March 14, 2014, 05:07:34 PM »
Hi,

I'll try to be short. Had a lot of knee problems recently. Pain is starting to go improve happily however
upon full flexion when walking, it is frequent that I get a knuckle type cracking at the bottom of the right knee- perhaps slightly off to the right.

My MRI was MCL grade 2 sprain, and "minimal low-grade chondromalacia of the medial patellar facet. The joint spaces and articular surfaces otherwise appear preserved. No focal chondral defect is identified. The bone marrow and musculature are within normal limits."
PT says I have a tight IT band- probably from injury. If I walk stiff-legged so to speak, I can avoid cracking but that is not a long-term option.

Any help? Does this sound familiar with any of your experiences?

I would guess any chondromalacia would be more crepitus, which is not so much a problem anymore. PT says otherwise but not totally buying it since I never crack my knee before and some floor tile work can't be a total sudden cause- started about 2 weeks after laying the tile, and did other job that put stress on right side quad one week before.

Thank you!

support