Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Few questions on arthroscopic surgery  (Read 874 times)

Offline Summer007

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
Few questions on arthroscopic surgery
« on: March 10, 2014, 03:17:00 PM »
Hiya all,

I'm going in for an arthroscopic assessment on Tuesday and I've got a couple of questions please and I was wondering whether anyone can help.

I had a keyhole lateral release about two and a half years ago so I'm roughly aware of the recovery for arthroscopic surgery. But I'm wondering whether the recovery might be more difficult this time due to the fact that I'm still having problems from a big surgery that I had 7 months ago. I haven't yet been able to regain full bend and movement so will that hamper this recovery?

Obviously I know that really the only person who can answer this is my surgeon, but as the surgery is next week he hasn't got time to see me. So I'm just looking for someone who might have been in a similar situation that can help shed some light.

Thanks in advance :)
October 2011-L LR
August 2012-L MPFL Recon
July 2013-L TTO & MPFL revision
March 2014-L Arthroscopy surgery

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: Few questions on arthroscopic surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 02:10:19 AM »
if your range of motion issues are scar tissue related your doc should be able to determine that at your surgery and remove scar tissue and manipulate the joint and make sure you have full rom when you wake up. it'll be up to you to keep it. you'll need to do passive ROM exercises from within hours of surgery, provided you're not in an immobilizer, etc, and do as much as you can to keep your joint from stiffening up.  good luck
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

support