Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Trouble with leg lifts!  (Read 706 times)

Offline Chris311

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Trouble with leg lifts!
« on: March 07, 2014, 05:13:26 AM »
Can anyone help? I am no longer insured so I do not have access to PT. 6 months ago I suffered from alcoholic hepatitis of the liver which has caused severe neuropathy in my right leg. In the last  months I have slowly regained much strength and many movements however I cannot do a leg lift at all! I can sense my brain sending the signal to my leg but nothing happens.
Does anyone have any suggestions or guidance they could offer to help me start performing this action? Any and all feedback is truly appreciated!

Offline allyd

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 34
Re: Trouble with leg lifts!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 01:02:36 PM »
I have a friend that is a pt that specializes in the neurological rehab. When talking to her at the time of my injury... I was quickly surprised at how different what she does compared to the standard 'sports' medicine pt's we have all seen for our injuries.  She basically had no idea what my surgery meant or the rehab involved. I guess my point is, the root of your injury may be a determining factor in how you overcome your problems. There may be some people that can offer advice here, but keep in mind it is coming from an injury/problem/surgery with the knee itself in most cases.
04/09 RK - Dislocated Patella & Grade III MCL Tear
06/10 RK - Re-Dislocation Patella
09/11 RK - MPFLr + Lateral Lengthening

Offline Chris311

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Trouble with leg lifts!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 03:50:59 PM »
Thank you Ally for your reply! I will continue to post to see what kind of feedback I acquire.