Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Hands in the air 8 weeks post acl surgery  (Read 2600 times)

Offline bloomin29

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hands in the air 8 weeks post acl surgery
« on: March 07, 2014, 03:00:07 AM »
I am 8 weeks post scope acl surgery. A cadaver tendon was used.

At 8 weeks I'm at 15 degrees for straightening and 60 degrees for flexing. I work on flexing and straightening every morning, during work (at desk, at this time of year) and every night. The knee is extremely tight. When I straighten I feel pain on the quadriceps (1" above the knee cap in the center ) and directly behind the knee 2 bands running vertical. When I try to bend I have excruciating pain, as if someone is squeezing both sides of my knee in a vise and a pain that runs from my quad down to the center of my knee cap.   I was going to physical therapy 3 times a week up to week 6, then due to no progress in flexing and bending my insurance rejected further therapy. My insurance authorized a MRI which showed no debris or anything blocking the knee. Week 8 I have been allowed back into physical therapy two times a week. My doctor is looking at getting a JAS knee brace that will flex and bed my knee. This brace I would wear 3 times a day for 30 min. Anyone have experience with this brace?

I have not seen very much progress. I walk with a limp and am not able to be on my legs very long. I run a landscaping business and in 3 weeks will have to be on my feet for up to 12 hours a day. I need some tips on what to do. I seem very behind in recovery.

Offline bloomin29

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Hands in the air 8 weeks post acl surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 08:27:34 PM »
Week 10 still 15 degree straightening and 60 degrees bending...no improvement and still doing my exercises. 

Offline shaush1977

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Hands in the air 8 weeks post acl surgery
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 12:33:58 AM »
That doesn't sound good. Has your doctor mentioned doing MUA or debridment to remove scar tissue.? Without it, I doubt you'll get more  ROM this far out
-Shauna

support