Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: VMO Quad Atrophy  (Read 1785 times)

Offline s24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
VMO Quad Atrophy
« on: February 19, 2014, 01:04:01 AM »
I had knee surgery about 8 months ago for a meniscus tear and fat pad.  The surgery fixed the problem but after the surgery I was having problems with the scar tissue from the portal in my VMO quad.  I went to a doctor in the middle of November because you could still feel the lump of scar tissue and he gave me a cortisone injection in that spot of the VMO quad to try to shrink the scar tissue.  The cortisone ended up causing atrophy of the VMO.  I have been trying to strengthen and bike to get the muscle back but it isn't working.  Will this come back?  It has been 3 months now.  Is it possible that the cortisone scared down part of the VMO?

Offline vince99frc

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 17
Re: VMO Quad Atrophy
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 03:42:51 AM »
First question is did the scar tissue go away?  Second is it does take a lot of work to get the VMO back post atrophy.  Second question is what exercises are you doing to build the size of the VMO?

Offline s24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: VMO Quad Atrophy
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 03:08:11 PM »
no the scar tissue didn't go away after the shot but now that I have been strengthening it it seems to have but there is still an indent.  Doing lots of biking, 1 leg squats, regular squats, leg extentions with toes out, lunges and step ups.  When I bike my VMO feels like it is on fire and weak.