Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: slipped on ice 5 weeks post ACl reconstruction  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Drizztmarco

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
slipped on ice 5 weeks post ACl reconstruction
« on: February 21, 2014, 09:23:19 PM »
I slipped on ice last night, I'm not sure if i re-tore my ligament. I fell straight down on my on my butt almost, but i caught myself with my hand just before. I didn't twist my knee, I slipped with my no operated leg. Which just dropped straight down and bent the knee quickly basically. I felt a pop, but didn't hear it. I have full range of motion, but i feel slight pain when lift it. The pain is on top of the patella bone. It hurts when i touch it, or lie on my side and pressure hits that spot. I'm very nervous, stressed, and upset that I might of torn it. I was doing so well in physio to. I haven't contacted my doctor yet, in fear of what might of happened. Hoping I might get some reassurance, that will give my some bravery to do so.

Offline dugz one

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: slipped on ice 5 weeks post ACl reconstruction
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 12:21:58 AM »
get into the doctor as soon as possible to get tests done. i bugged my doctor so much now that he'll let me come in almost whenever i want to be seen by either one of his assistants. maybe he will authorize an MRI to double check? get that peace of mind and get into the doctor!