Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Where can I get second opinion online?  (Read 711 times)

Offline Jason12345

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Where can I get second opinion online?
« on: February 11, 2014, 07:33:09 PM »
I have had pain in my right knee for quite some time now. To describe the pain I will give 2 scenarios of when the pain is most excruciating.

Scenario 1: I am sitting in a desk chair, with my knees bent less than 90 degrees (picture my feet are touching the bottom of the chair). When I press forward to roll the desk chair back, I get very sharp pain in the front of my knee.

Scenario 2: I am laying flat on my back. I lift my right leg so that my knee is almost touching my chest. I try to straighten my leg so its pointing the ceiling. This results in a very sharp pain, mostly in the initial part of the extension. this scenario hurts much more than Scenario 1.

I had an MRI, which my doctor used to conclude that I have a bakers cyst and possible popliteal injury. I have been going to therapy for 4 weeks now, with almost no results. I do not believe that lunges and half squats are going to fix me, and therapy quite expensive. I have a copy of the E Film Light program that was created from the MRI office. Does anyone know where I can post it to maybe get a second opinion online?

Thanks,

Jason

Offline Kaputt_Knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • [Ed: Sue sadly passed away in 2016]
Re: Where can I get second opinion online?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 06:24:23 AM »
You can maybe send it directly to a practitioner as a preliminary to going to see them, but you cannot ask for a diagnosis online.

Under the HON Code that this site operates, all professionals have to declare their qualifications and are expressly forbidden from giving online diagnoses.

Sorry but there is nothing that beats hands on diagnosis. Use the Information hub to search for another practitioner and go and see them if you can. Otherwise just keep going with the treatment plan you have. Knee problems are rarely "quick fixes"; it takes time and effort, including outside of  your therapy sessions to actually get any improvement.

:)

1989 big trauma R. knee - sorted
1990-2004 3ACL recons and 20+ arthroscopies -RK
3/06 LK ACL torn!
4/06 ACL recon, kneecap broken
09 &10/06- 2x meniscus trims
3/07 - Notch Plastic & Lateral Release
14/8/08 complete revision ACL plus LCL/PLC recon
6/2/09 returned to skiing! Whoopee

Offline Prophylaxis

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Where can I get second opinion online?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 06:26:53 AM »
Hey Jason,

I would be more than happy to help with some general advice and management, but as kaputt_knee has mentioned I cannot provide a definitive diagnosis. Please feel free to post in this thread http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=63523.msg611321#msg611321. Also if you could tell me exactly where the pain is that would be great.

Regards,

Prophylaxis
Allan Manuel
B App Sci (Physiotherapy) Usyd
Australia

support