Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Multi ligament injury support page  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Johnnyp060

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 3
Multi ligament injury support page
« on: February 07, 2014, 04:53:13 AM »
Hi, I'm John and I've been dealing with a multi ligament injury since March of 2012. I've had 4 different surgeries on my knee and I'm in recovery again, hopefully for the last time. Before my second surgery I started a FB page to get support from family and friends during recovery. I've had quite a few people with the same injury join my page, we have a really good support group. We have such a rare injury and it's difficult to find others that have recovered from it. Check it out. It's called The 0.02% My Multi-ligament (ACL, PCL, MCL) injury. Thanks, John
3/4/12 Dirtbike crash, tore ACL, PCL and MCL
5/14/12 Surgery done to replace ACL, PCL and MCL with cadaver tendons
12/4/13 ACL and MCL replaced again, kneecap released and anchored and external fixator installed

Offline JFisher3

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Multi ligament injury support page
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 08:46:13 PM »
Hey johnny,
good to hear you have created a page for people in our situation unfortunately I don't use Facebook as it  seems to attract unwanted attention.  how are you getting on with your rehab and recover.
Football injury leading to dislocation of tibia and rupture of ACL,PCL,MCL.... Feb 2012.
ACL,PCL,MCL Reconstruction.....Sept 2012.
PCL,MCL failed.
PCL,MCL reconstruction..... Sept 2013.
Currently doing home workouts and have pcl laxity.

Offline Johnnyp060

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 10:47:56 PM »
Hey J,
     I'm getting there. I was in an external fixator for 6 weeks then in a straight brace for another 2. Needless to say, when my Doc said I could bend it, it didn't bend very much, that was January 24th. I'm at about 30 now but it's still very stiff and swollen, still lots of healing going on in there. My Doc is being ultra conservative with my recovery this time because of my MCL failing last time, just very passively stretching my leg for ROM, Doc said he doesn't want the therapist cranking on it because that might jeapordize the being and the bones staying where they're supposed to. And I've been doing simple strengthening stuff.  It's going to take a while but slow and steady wins the race this time. How're you coming along? 
3/4/12 Dirtbike crash, tore ACL, PCL and MCL
5/14/12 Surgery done to replace ACL, PCL and MCL with cadaver tendons
12/4/13 ACL and MCL replaced again, kneecap released and anchored and external fixator installed

Offline JFisher3

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 07:28:29 PM »
Hey John.
good to hear you are recovering even if it is at a slower rate then you would like, I am sure you don't mind so long as you get there  :o. I am doing ok but could be better, I seen my consultant the other day and was told to cary on as I so for 6 months then have a review but I have about 10mm of lax in my pcl and slight lax in my mcl so I am in two minds as to whether I should seek another opinion because my work life has slowed to halt and having six months off every year isn't good plus I know if I leave my knee as it is I will have alot of problems in the near future. currently at approx 100 degree flexion and full extention but  there is alot of play so it's not as good as it first sounds.
good to hear you still have a upbeat and positive attitude and are on the mend,good luck with the recovery and keep well.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 07:31:03 PM by JFisher3 »
Football injury leading to dislocation of tibia and rupture of ACL,PCL,MCL.... Feb 2012.
ACL,PCL,MCL Reconstruction.....Sept 2012.
PCL,MCL failed.
PCL,MCL reconstruction..... Sept 2013.
Currently doing home workouts and have pcl laxity.

support