Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MPFL + Scope + Debridement  (Read 1165 times)

Offline mx_girl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
MPFL + Scope + Debridement
« on: April 16, 2016, 03:21:46 AM »
Thought I would make one of these in an effort to help out others and look back!

Day 0:
Roughly 12 hours post o.o. I was really nauseous after they loaded me up with pain meds when I woke up (shocker since I was on an empty stomach). Anyways, right now there is some pain but since I had a nerve block put in it has really helped. They next few days are going to be interesting with pain levels and pain management. Right now, my knee is in an unhinged knee immobilizer so it is just straight with no hope of moving until my post op check up (2 weeks away). Let me know if there are any questions :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:33:09 AM by mx_girl »

Offline mx_girl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: MPFL + Scope + Debridement
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 06:07:54 PM »
Day 2:

Woke up with the worst pain today and woke up a couple times during the night.I'm not sure why it hurts so much today but I think it's everything finally starting to settle in. I also had to manage stairs yesterday to take a shower (talk about refreshing) and was up a few times. Probably just pushing myself too much too fast. Anyways, tomorrow I get to take my bandages off!! Also means I'll finally be able to use my ice pack! Anyways, that's all the updates thus far.

Offline mx_girl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 08:08:44 PM »
Day 4: 1st Day of Physical Therapy
Today was interesting. Wasn't using pain meds for the past 2 days but I think I'm going to start after my pt sessions. I'm at 50 for range of motion starting off so that's decent I guess. I was told I have to get to 90 in 2 weeks. Other than that I've just been getting around with my brace fairly well on one crutch.

Offline DaTexanBoy

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 10:28:37 PM »
Wow, they started PT quick for you. I allowed to barely start bending mine but Dr doesn't want me going very far. I just had a MPFL reconstruction on the 20th. I won't start PT for another 4-5 weeks.

Interested in seeing how you fair after yours.

support